Sydney FC star wonders how Rafael Nadal was allowed to enter Australia so early

Serbian football player Milos Ninkovic is wondering how Rafael Nadal was allowed to enter Australia so early since anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 in another country is not allowed to enter Australia for 14 days. 

Nadal, who played at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship, announced on December 20 a positive COVID-19 test. 

On December 31, Nadal announced he landed in Melbourne. 

Ninkovic is a Serbian footballer who has been playing for Sydney FC since 2015. 

“If you had Covid in another country, you can’t enter AUS for 14 days, but here nobody is asking the question how come Nadal entered the country before two weeks have passed from his positive test. How come?” Ninkovic told Kurir, as revealed by Sasa Ozmo. 

Ninkovic also added, per Blic: “This shows they knew from the beginning what they were doing. They targeted Novak.”

Nadal spoke about the Novak Djokovic situation 

Djokovic was granted a medical exemption for the Australian Open but his visa was cancelled once he landed in the country. 

“I think if he (had) wanted, he would be playing here in Australia without a problem,” Nadal said. “He went through another…he made his own decisions, and everybody is free to take their own decisions, but then there are some consequences.

“Of course I don’t like the situation that is happening. In some way I feel sorry for him. But at the same time, he knew the conditions since a lot of months ago, so he makes his own decision.”

Also, Nadal said he understands those who were frustrated by the Djokovic medical exemption.

“(It) seems some rough situation, but at the end of the day the only thing that I can say is we have been going through very challenging and a lot of families have been suffering a lot during the last two years with all the pandemic,” he said.

“It’s normal that the people here in Australia get very frustrated with the case because they have been going through a lot of very hard lockdowns, and a lot of people were not able to come back home.”