Former world No. 15 Juan Ignacio Chela would rather have Roger Federer come back than Instagram.
On Monday, Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp went down for several hours.
Chela, a former six-time ATP champion, was happy to see that Instagram went down.
“Good not to see your fake life on Instagram for a while,” Chela tweeted.
Federer, 40, announced a third knee surgery in August.
“Let Roger come back, not instagram,” Chela said in another tweet.
Undergoing another surgery wasn’t easy for Federer
Federer, who underwent two major knee surgeries in 2020, last played at Wimbledon, where he suffered a straight-set defeat to Hubert Hurkacz in the quarterfinal.
“It was a tough process to take that decision, just because I already had couple of knee surgeries last year,” Federer told American former world number one Jim Courier in an interview at the Laver Cup.
“I was really unhappy with how things went at Wimbledon. I was just nowhere near where I wanted to be to play at the top, top level. But I tried my best and at the end, at some point, too much is too much. Now I’ve just got to take it step by step.”
Federer acknowledged that he won’t rush his comeback by any means.
“I’ve got to first walk again properly, run properly and then do the sidesteps and all the agility work and then eventually I’ve got to be back on the tennis court,” Federer said.
“But it’s going to take me a few more months and then we’ll see how things are at some point next year. I’ve got to take my time. I don’t want to rush into anything at this point.
“This is also for my life. I want to make sure I can do everything I want to do later on. There’s no rush with anything, so I’m actually in a really good place. I think the worst is behind me. I’m really happy.”