By Eurohoops Team/ [email protected]
The 2022-23 Basketball Champions League Play-Ins Week 2 delivered yet again amazing moments. Four teams already qualified for the Round of 16 by closing their best-of-three series, while the other eight BCL participants will have to wait until next week to find out their future in the European competition.
On Tuesday, AEK got dragged by Akil Mitchell to win against Tofas Bursa in Game 2 as well. The same thing happened to Hapoel Holon, which beat Igokea thanks to the umpteenth Joe Ragland’s double-double and will find Hapoel Jerusalem in the Round of 16. Elsewhere, Sylvain Francisco and Miro Bilan helped Peristeri tie the series against Dijon, just like Jamar Smith with Bahcesehir on the road in Belgium.
On Wednesday, UCAM Murcia opened up by beating Pinar Karsiyaka and booking its ticket to the Round of 16 to reach the other two Spanish teams in Group L: Surne Bilbao and Lenovo Tenerife. Darussafaka joined them after closing the series against SL Benfica at home. PAOK and Limoges CSP, instead, after losing the respective Game 1s away, beat Rytas Vilnius and Ludwigsburg to extend the Play-Ins.
Basketball Champions League Play-Ins Week 2 Results:
- G2, Tofas Bursa – AEK 82-85 (0-2)
- G2, Igokea – Hapoel Holon 80-91 (0-2)
- G2, Peristeri – JDA Bourgogne Dijon 92-88 (1-1)
- G2, Filou Oostende – Bahcesehir 64-77 (1-1)
- G2, Pinar Karsiyaka – UCAM Murcia 89-96 (0-2)
- G2, Darussafaka – SL Benfica 83-72 (2-0)
- G2, PAOK – Rytas Vilnius 81-78 (1-1)
- G2, Limoges CSP – MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg 82-62 (1-1)
PHOTO CREDIT: Basketball Champions League
The post BCL Play-Ins Week 2 Recap: Four teams booked their next stage tickets appeared first on Eurohoops.